STORE MANAGER AND ASSISTANT MANAGER FOR PROPOSED SUPERMARKET
About Us: We are a group of entrepreneurs planning to open a supermarket franchisee store in Tbilisi, Georgia. The supermarket is expected to commence operations around July 2018 and we would like to invite applications from suitable candidates for the positions of Store Manager and Assistant Manager.
Working Hours: 8-hour/day, staggered shifts. The store will operate 24x7 subject to profitability.
Mandatory Requirements for All Positions:
• A trustworthy and open-minded character with a pleasant disposition.
• Proof of right to work in Georgia.
• Applications must include a CV and cover letter in English, and also mention the desired salary.
• Bachelor's Degree, ideally, in a relevant field like Business Management or Marketing.
• Native level Georgian language skills and intermediate level English ability.
• Minimum prior experience of 1 year in a similar role (or) 2 years' experience as Assistant Store Manager with demonstrated knowledge of Store Manager's responsibilities.
• Prior experience in opening a supermarket is highly desirable.
• Previous employment with established retailers like Nikora, SPAR, Fresco etc. is advantageous.
• A highly skilled user of Microsoft Office in the context of this role.
• Ensure smooth setup of the store for retail operations. The Store Manager will be fully engaged in setting up the store before it opens for business.
• Effect stable and profitable operations of the store according to franchisor guidelines, owners' and other stakeholders' interests.
• Staff management, i.e. recruitment, training, supervising and appraisal.
• Fostering high levels of customer service through store and staff management, monitoring buying behaviour and interacting with customers when necessary.
• Implement good security, hygiene and safety standards for store operations.
• Managing budgets, finances, invoicing and all related documentation.
• Maintaining statistical and financial records.
• Efficient and effective management of all aspects of the retail supply chain.
• Oversight of product mix, costs, pricing and profitability.
• Overall management of stakeholder relationships, i.e. suppliers, staff, franchisor, customers and owners.
• Periodic reporting in English and/or Georgian according to owner or franchisor requirements.
Remuneration: More than GEL 1,000 per month; negotiability subject to experience.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
The qualifications and responsibilities of the Assistant Store Manager are generally identical to those of the Store Manager. The most important differences are listed below:
• The Assistant Store Manager will report to the Store Manager and support him/her in discharging duties effectively.
• Prior experience of at least 6 months in a similar role (or) 2 years in a subordinate role but with significant experience performing tasks critical to the role of Assistant Manager.
• The Assistant Store Manager and Manager will work staggered shifts.
• Although very desirable, it is not essential for the Assistant Store Manager to be on board before the store opens.
Remuneration: More than GEL 750 per month; negotiability subject to experience.
Deadline: 15th May 2018.
Contact: Please send all applications (CV and cover letter) in English to 987Enterprises@gmail.com before 15th May 2018. We recommend indicating your desired salary in the application.
We are an equal opportunity employer that aims to provide, within reason, the best possible terms of employment and working conditions for our employees. All employment agreements will abide by Georgian law.